Re: [EFM] Please Read - New Orleans Meeting

Pete,

Thank you for your suggestions and observations.
Rather than continue this discussion via email,
I plan on spending a few minutes on this subject
at the New Orleans meeting.  We'll look at the
current model for meeting finance, and consider
alternatives.

I will state in advance my opinion that all things
considered, we put together a very good package
for this meeting, balancing all of the factors.
However, the group may wish to strike a different
balance in the future, and I am more than willing
to accomodate the groups wishes, to the extent
possible and practical. Perhaps people are willing
to shell out $500 registration fees in exchange for
$100/night rooms. I think that the folks who show up
for only two days of the meeting will object, but
maybe I am wrong.

As to whether or not it is anyone's intent to cause
financial harm to the host or the other meeting
attendees by staying in a lower priced hotel,
the effect is real, regardless of the intent.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force