From: owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of larry rennie
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 8:45 PM
To: EFM TF
Subject: [EFM] Preliminary: FEC MPN Test

Attached is a  proposed test methodology from Meir Bartur of Zonu measure the distance improvement in MPN limited links achievable with a low line BER's (approx.  10E-4).  This low BER will be corrected by the proposed frame FEC scheme to 10E-12.

We will discuss this test on tomorrow's conference call.

Comments and suggestions are encouraged.

Regards,

Larry