RE: [EFM] 10/29 EFM FEC Conf Call

Vipul,

Bad naming convention on my part.
Laser on time should be read as total guard band.
Split ratio should be read as number of polled ONUs.
I leave it to the group to decide whether the guard band should be
calculated as:
Laser On + AGC time + CDR lock time + Laser Off or
Laser On + AGC time + CDR lock time;
as a smart OLT may overlap adjacent Laser On and Laser Off times, thus
decreasing the guard band size.

I'm reattaching the spreadsheet with the fixed naming convention.

Ariel

guard band requirements.xls