[EFM] Summer Internship

Respected Sir,
                           I am presently a pre-final year Electrical & Electronics Engineering Undergraduate pursuing a four-year Bachelor of Technology program at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India's premier technological institution. .I am looking for a research environment, where I can do my summer internship during the summers ( 5th  may – 1st August ) of 2003 .As summer project is a desired part of our undergraduate curriculum, I want to utilize this opportunity to build a strong foundation for my professional carrier. I am particularly interested in speech recognition ,signal processing and Communication systems . I plan to do my higher studies in one of these fields
                            I have been working hard at my academics and, at present, have a Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 8.5 out of a possible 10 and SPI (Semester Performance Index) of 9. 3 out of possible 10. I have done well through school and college too, and received various merit scholarships and academic awards. Apart from these I also have a considerable amount of laboratory experience and have worked on wide range of electrical and electronics equipments. During past two years, I have done few successful projects in different fields under the guidance of faculty of IIT, which have inspired me and have given the confidence to choose research as my carrier.
                            My experience at the IIT Kanpur has been an enriching one. It has changed me in many ways, making me more self-confident and teaching me how to think independently. I enjoy studying signal processing and Communication systems to the extent that my undergraduate courses permit, but would like to know more. I feel that an internship abroad will expand my awareness besides sharpening my research and methodical skills. I would like to do it at your institute in order to equip myself more fully for my higher education and research.
             The excellent research facilities offered by your institute and the appropriate environment for the above has ascertained my desire to undertake my summer internship at your institute. I shall be highly obliged to you for doing the needful. My resume is attached with this mail.I can send my grade sheet and references if required. I eagerly look forward to hear from you.

With sincere thanks and regards.

Rajiv Kumar Singh
3rd year, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Undergraduate
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Kanpur, INDIA
http://www.iitk.ac.in

rasinghresume.pdf