Re: [EFM] RE: Pause frame usage in transport networks

Shahram,

The Slow Protocol, as described in Clause 43, is different
than the MAC Control. Slow Protocol passes frames without
the Slow_Protocols_Multicast DA or with an unrecognized
subtype in the range of 1-10 to the collector (essentially
to the superior sublayer). Slow Protocol frames with the
proper DA but with a subtype outside the range 1-10 are
discarded. See figure 43-5.

Regards,
Ben

Shahram Davari wrote:

> What about 802.3ah OAM frames? Are they treated the same? meaning that:
>
> All frames with Type/Length =88-09 are terminated
> All frames with Type/Length =88-09 and DA=01-08-C2-00-00-02 are sent to OAM layer
> All frames with Type/Length =88-09 and DA!=01-08-C2-00-00-02 are discarded
>
> Yours,
> -Shahram

Benjamin Brown
AMCC