Re: [HSSG] Topics for Consideration

Jugnu,
   Check out Clause 61.2.2 in IEEE Std 802.3.

Arthur.

From: OJHA,JUGNU [mailto:jugnu.ojha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 August 2006 17:25
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HSSG] Topics for Consideration

Gentlemen,

I agree that the APL sublayer should ideally be defined in a very general way.  That is to say, in a perfect world, it would support aggregation of channels with various (i.e. – mixed) bit rates.  That being said, this raises some interesting challenges.  For example, the striping (or splitting) ratio across the channels will not be uniform – for every ten bits (or bytes) sent down a 10G channel, only one could be sent down a 1G channel.  Is there any precedent for managing something like this?  If not, does anyone have any idea whether this is even feasible?

Regards,

Jugnu