Re: [HSSG] IEEE 802.3 September 2006 Interim Session - Knoxville, TN - September 18 - 21

Steve

Thank you for finding a space for us to meet in September.

I do have few suggestions for future.  In cases where you can't secure the
primary destination then your should consider a location where most
people live
(N. Cal the home of UC Berkeley, Stanford, etc) or a central location
(like Denver) all with direct flight from every major city.

A central location is very desirable when you have to travel with no
food or water.

Thanks,
Ali

Steve Carlson wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> The September Interim will be held in Knoxville, TN. We were unable to find
> a suitable venue in eastern Canada, since it is high season there and our
> meeting requirements are challenging to many hotels.
>
> Knoxville is the home of the University of Tennessee and is located near the
> Great Smokey Mountains. IEEE 802.3 will be the meeting host and a meeting
> fee will be collected on-site.
>
> Hilton Knoxville
> 501 West Church Avenue
> Knoxville, Tennessee
> United States 37902-2591
> Tel: +1-865-523-2300  Fax: +1-865-525-6532
>
> Please see  http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/knoxville_1_0906.html for
> complete meeting information and the link to the hotel's IEEE booking site.
>
> The room block cut-off is September 1, 2006. Reservations made after that
> time will be on an as-available basis.
>
> The meeting plan is posted on the Website and was developed by the TF and SG
> Chairs.  Please contact the appropriate TF or SG Chair if you have questions
> about a specific group.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve
>
> Steven B. Carlson
> Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
> http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
> President
> High Speed Design, Inc.
> 11929 NW Old Quarry Road
> Portland, OR 97229
> 503.626.4206
> scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

begin:vcard
fn:Ali Ghiasi
n:Ghiasi;Ali
org:Broadcom;HSIP
adr;dom:;;3151 Zanker Road;San Jose;CA;95134
email;internet:aghiasi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Chief Arcitect
tel;work:(408)922-7423
tel;cell:(949)290-8103