[HSSG] IEEE 802.3 November Plenary - HSSG Activities

All,

First, I would like to thank the participants of the HSSG, who attended and supported the HSSG Plenary meeting.  The days started early and went long, and everyone worked extremely hard to help the HSSG make significant progress.

Six objectives were adopted at the Plenary meeting by the Study Group –

  1. Support full-duplex operation only
  2. Preserve the 802.3/Ethernet frame format at the MAC Client service interface
  3. Preserve minimum and maximum FrameSize of current 802.3 Std
  4. Support a speed of 100 Gb/s at the MAC/PLS service interface
  5. Support at least 10km on SMF.
  6. Support at least 100 meters on OM3 MMF.

George, Bob, and I are working to get the minutes published quickly.  In the meantime, I am forwarding the Closing Plenary report, which will provide further details of the meeting.  In addition, I will have Frank add it to the website.

Once again, thanks to the group for all their hard work!

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 HSSG

1106_hssg_closing_report.pdf