Re: [HSSG] 40G MAC Rate Discussion

Hi,

I think it was common sense at the last meeting that the
rate that service providers and IXPs are looking for is 100 GbE.
The discussion about 40 GbE is for the *server market*, the
classical LAN application of Ethernet. In the network space you
have already OTU3 and OC-768c PoS, so there is not much
need for another 40G Ethernet interface.

Also, my personal opinion is regarding "broad market potential"
that there will be more networks or network types that require
100 GbE, however in terms of volumes I could imagine that a 40GbE
interface for servers will actually produce more volumes, even though
it is only one type of network.

Marcus

--
Marcus Duelk