Re: [HSSG] 40G MAC Rate Discussion

I'm an end user here. 40GE for servers is not needed (nor wanted) for our tens of thousands of servers. What is needed is 100GE for our network interconnects. I find it unfortunate that the server and component vendors are trying to create a product that we've not seen end users on this list ask for. Instead the end users who are asking for 100GE are looking on in amazement as the study group gets bogged down discussing something we're not asking for.

Jay
--
Jay Moran
http://www.tp.org/jay