Re: [HSSG] Market Validation Comments

Title:
"but the market with the sizzle is 100GE."

   Careful if it sizzles it could go up in smoke,
or just fizzle out!!!!!!!!!!!!

   After all how maney ports of the 10G WAN PHY
are you shipping these days??????

Thomas Dineen

Larry Green wrote:

Hello Jugnu…

You are quite correct that “data center” is a broad term.  One answer is that a data center is where all the Ethernet

ports end up, but this is also a broad view.  While we cannot mention company names, think of enterprises that

offer video-on-demand to a few million subscribers, powerful search engine services that produce Internet search

results in milliseconds, facilities that process financial transactions, reservation systems, and so on.

Volumes for 100GE are not projected in the millions, but the value of efficiently handling data for millions of users

is very, very valuable and will generate significant revenue for 100GE equipment vendors.

We well may have two separate market segments here, but the market with the sizzle is 100GE.

Onward,

Larry Green