Re: [HSSG] 40G MAC Rate Discussion

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Paul Kolesar wrote:

> If this relationship is true and from what I know of such things, then the
> cost to the end user of an installed, tested, warranted, typical-length,
> 12-fiber, MM structured cabling link, consisting of a cable terminated at

Could you please do a comparison relating to 10GBASE-T as well?

I do believe volume takes off when there is a copper alternative (due to
lower cost both for cabling and equipment), I am interested in how this
would relate in cost to a 40G fiber alternative, and/or if there is a
proposed 40G copper variant.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se