Re: [HSSG] Data Centre Cabling Lengths

Matt,

Please see HSSG presentation: Market potential for 100 GbE copper (http://www.ieee802.org/3/hssg/public/jan07/diminico_01_0107.pdf)
for an illustration of the Intra/Inter rack/cabinet applications that Hugh is describing. Distances for High performance computing interconnects (HPC)
are also referred to in the presentation (Hugh describes as loose cables).

In addition see HSSG presentation: Server Form Factors & Physical Networking
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/hssg/public/apr07/hays_02_0407.pdf) slide 3 illustrating rack/cabinet application distances
for "rack server" and "blade server" consistent with the up to 10 meters copper objective.

Regards,

Chris