Re: [HSSG] 10 x 4 = 40

Dan,

Although I agree that the mechanisms allow multiple projects to go
forward simultaneously, I think there is a big disconnect.

For 100G, we have seen multiple end users come in and state that they
need 100G as soon as we can deliver it. On the other hand the 40G demand
is presented as a possibility further into the future for a different
market. It seems that, given the timing of expected demand and the state
of the respective proposals, the project for 100G should move forward
with the proposed media support and the idea of a project for 40G,
probably aimed at data centers or something like that, should be
incubated and brought forward some time in the next 2 - 3 years.

I do not see any reason to delay the project authorization for 100G
based on some speculation that 40G might be the ideal speed for an
application where demand is too far out to qualify.

Hugh.