From: Frank Chang [mailto:ychang@vitesse.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:52 AM
To: Chris Cole; STDS-802-3-HSSG@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [HSSG] The List

Chris;

I personally agree EDC maynot help reduce or mitigate cross-talk, instead will provide extra (2-3dB) margin/yield due to e.g. band limiting effects or dispersion effects if any, existing in OE and EO conversions or the fiber medium. While this extra margin can be used to compensate for any penalty induced by xtalk. Like you said, also this could enable the use of low-cost optics.

Frank