[HSSG] fault signalling

Hello.

I am very interested in having new HSSG standard implement some kind of
signalling equivalent to AIS, RDI etc which is present in SONET/SDH and
which is very useful for fault-finding i WAN/DWDM applications where
regenerators or transponders are used to indicate where the fault might
be.

Is it too early in the process to start discussing this? Since symbol and
bit encoding is being discussed. I am under the impression that one could
use non-data symbols out of 64b/66b to handle some of the signalling, thus
I wanted to ask this early on in case this is the proper time, or if it
should be done later.

I have quite a few ideas about what could be included, even if it's said
to be optional to include (I don't know how this is usually done).

I am willing to try to put together a more structured list of suggestions
if it's deemed appropriate at this time.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se