[802.3BA] IEEE P802.3ba Task Force Page Active (Reminder Call for Presentations)

All,

The IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force is now active (http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/index.html).

The first meeting of the IEEE P802.3ba Task Force will be during the IEEE 802.3 Interim Meeting (week of Jan 20).  Meeting details may be found at http://ieee802/org/3/interims/portland_1_0108.html.  You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as soon as possible.  Also please note that Web pre-registration for the meeting closes at 5pm PST, Friday, January 4, 2008.

The Task Force will be meeting all day Wednesday, all day Thursday, and Friday (Jan 23 through 25).  The Task Force will conclude by 5pm on Friday.  Given our recent transition from study group to task force, we can now begin the process of “choosing a solution.”   Therefore, as we will be working towards the development of a baseline, presentations for the week should be focused on proposals,

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/ba/public/presentproc.html):

Name of presenter

Title of presentation

Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)

Brief description of topic

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.

As noted during the HSSG meeting during the November Plenary, there will be a change regarding the due date for requests for presentation time.    Requests for presentation time must be made two Fridays preceding the meeting.  (Please note that the Task Force webpage is currently being updated, and the change to “Request for Presentation Time” has not been made yet on the Procedures for Presenters page.)  For the January Interim, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@ieee.org, and must be made by January 11, 2008.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@ieee.org  by Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the January Interim, presentations must be submitted by January 15.  As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused.

I look forward to seeing everyone at our first task force meeting in Portland!

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 Higher Speed Study Group

Tel           717.460.8535

Email       jdambrosia@ieee.org