[802.3BA] May Interim In Munich

Colleagues,

While Tom Dineen has provided an excellent list of transportation
suggestions and extra things to do while in Munich, please book the group
rate at the Hilton. The group rate partially offsets the high cost of
meeting room rental.

I realize that the Hilton meeting Website has been a trial to use. It has
been a trial for our host, Dave Dwelley of Linear Technology. LTC has paid
an extremely large advance deposit to the Hilton, and I would not want them
to be assessed an attrition penalty due to the block not being met. Hosts
play a vital role in our Interim sessions. I am grateful to all of ours for
their efforts.

In North America, meeting space is free with the room block. This is not
true in many other parts of the world. The block helps to offset the meeting
room costs and allows for the meeting registration fee to be manageable.

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
11929 NW Old Quarry Road