|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Dear MMF XR Ad Hoc Committee Members,
I believe our current objective of “at least 100
meters on OM3 MMF” should remain as a primary goal, the baseline.
Support for any form of extended reach should be con
1. Cost increase for the baseline PMD (optic) in order to obtain greater than 100-meter reach
2. EDC on the system/host board in any case
3. CDR on the system/host board as part of the baseline solution
4. EDC in the baseline PMD (optic)
5. CDR in the baseline PMD (optic)
1. Use of OM4 fiber
2. Process maturity that yields longer reach with no cost increase
In summary, we should not burden the baseline solution with cost increases to meet the needs of an extended-reach solution.
Jeffery J. Maki, Ph.D.
Principal Optical Engineer
Juniper Networks, Inc.