Re: [802.3BA] XR ad hoc Phone Conference Notice

Hi all,

As a user of parallel PMD technology, I have the same position as Jeff.

I believe that whatever the outcome, the baseline proposal (100m parallel optics over OM3) should not be burdened by the increased reach (either by cost, power consumption, any use of mandatory additional chips that enable the performance, or additional testing requirements).

Regards,

Peter

Petar Pepeljugoski
IBM Research
P.O.Box 218 (mail)
1101 Kitchawan Road, Rte. 134 (shipping)
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

e-mail: petarp@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (914)-945-3761
fax:        (914)-945-4134