Re: [802.3BA] XR ad hoc Phone Conference Notice

Steve,

My statement does not preclude extended reach. It only states that the cost should not be shared among all users. Let the ones who need the longer distances pay for it. I am sure that in many cases the extended distances are result of poor space planning.

The other reason, besides the cost, which becomes even more important these days is the power consumption. I see no reason to double the power consumption for large majority because few needed the extended reach that will require also higher power consumption.

Regards,

Peter

Petar Pepeljugoski
IBM Research
P.O.Box 218 (mail)
1101 Kitchawan Road, Rte. 134 (shipping)
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

e-mail: petarp@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: (914)-945-3761
fax:        (914)-945-4134