[802.3BA] 100GBASE-LR4 and ER4

Title: 100GBASE-LR4 and ER4

Dear Task Force members,

During the process of discussing draft versions of contributions for the Denver meeting aimed at filling in the details of the 100GBASE-LR4 and ER4 optical parameter tables it has become clear that there are differing opinions over the detailed power budgets.

Since the Task Force has not yet adopted baseline presentations for all of its agreed objectives, it seems unlikely that there will be sufficient Task Force meeting time available next week to enter in to detailed discussion on optical parameter values for 100GBASE-LR4 and ER4.  However, as the Editor of the clause containing these PMDs, I will be tasked with creating the first draft of it during the period between the Denver meeting and the September interim.  I therefore wonder if there is any interest in holding an informal discussion to try to identify a set of parameter values that can be used as the basis of the first draft so that we can minimise the number of “TBDs” it contains.

If there is sufficient interest, I will confirm the time and location of the discussion during Tuesdays Task Force meeting.

See you all in Denver,

Pete Anslow

Nortel Networks UK Limited, London Rd, Harlow, Essex CM17 9NA, UK

External +44 1279 402540 ESN 742 2540

Fax +44 1279 402543