From: Gary Nicholl (gnicholl) [mailto:gnicholl@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 8/11/2008 11:11 PM
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3BA] Discussion on 40G for ="" 10 km SMF

To put this into context, a 40G serial solution running in the 1550nm
window is (dispersion) limited to a distance of only 3-4km
(significantly less than even the 10km Mikael is looking for). This
compares to a distance of 80+km at 10G .

Bottom line is that 40GE colored optics will require something other
than a simple serial solution (as Chris pointed out in an earlier
email).

Gary ....