From: Ryan Latchman [mailto:Ryan.Latchman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:54 AM
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3BA] 802.3ba XR ad hoc next step concern

Hi John,

I agree with your conclusion.  The flexibility available with either a PPI or a XLAUI / CAUI interface enables a variety of implementations which can include the XR reach objectives.  I think an annex which outlines how to achieve longer reach using the tools available in the standard will provide significant implementation flexibility.

Best Regards,

Ryan