[802.3BA] Optical Sub-Task Force: Polarization Mode Dispersion DGD_max values

Colleagues,

I'd like to understand if Network Operators (end users) have any strong opinion on the DGD_max values below.  Specifically, do these DGD_max values unacceptably limit the addressable market for 40GbE & 100GbE?

During the Optical Sub-Task Force, we have had a good discussion around the DGD_max values in particular for the 100GBASE-ER4 (Table 88-17).  Currently, the resolution to comments #297 and 208 is to place DGD_max values of 10ps for 40GBASE-LR4 and a 10.3ps values for both 100GBASE-LR4 & 100GBASE-ER4.

Thank you for your attention
--matt traverso
opnext