Re: [802.3BA] Update: March IEEE 802 Plenary

John,

   And well done to you for keeping us on track and focussed on the project time-line.

Arthur

From: John DAmbrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 March 2009 12:47
To: STDS-802-3-HSSG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3BA] Update: March IEEE 802 Plenary

Dear Task Force Members,

On Thursday in the 802.3 Closing Plenary, the 802.3 Working Group passed the following motion:

n       Request that 802.3 circulate IEEE P802.3ba Draft 2.0 for a 35 day 802.3 Working Group Ballot and conduct recirculations as necessary, and authorize IEEE P802.3ba Task Force to respond to comments

n       Moved by John D’Ambrosia on behalf of the Task Force

n       Technical Motion (=> 75%)

n       Results

n       802.3:               Y: 82                N: 0                  A: 0

n       Motion Passes

This is a major milestone for our project!

I would like to thank Ilango, Mark, Chris, Pete, and all of the editorial team for their hard work prior to this meeting and at the meeting in getting us to this point.  I would also like to thank the Task Force, as it is obvious a lot of hard work is being put into this effort by a lot of individuals.

I will share with the Task Force that after the Closing Plenary, several individuals came up and complimented the team in pulling together the document and the presentation of the changes between the preview draft and Draft 2.0.  This compliment is surely recognition of the hard work put into it.

Working Group Ballot is now open – so the next stage of work begins!

Thanks to all again!

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3ba 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Ethernet Task Force