Re: [HSSG] Topics for Consideration: Jumbo Frames

Michael,

Michael Johas Teener wrote:
> Jumbo frames are great as long as you stay in the HS environment. A jumbo
> frame hitting a 100baseT (or, heaven help us, a 10baseT) link will mess with
> any QoS assumptions.
That was the point of my question regarding the context of the
discussion on jumbos.  This is also probably why Joel wants it in the
MAC objectives here.  I don't have a problem with jumbos as long as
vendors ship the equipment with a default MTU of 1500B and leave
configuring the use of jumbos to those who need them.

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Sr. Network Engineer