[HSSG] Reach Objectives

All,

We have had some conversation on the reflector regarding reach objectives.  Summarizing what has been discussed on the reflector I see the following –

Reach Objectives

Long-Haul   --> 100+ km

Metro       --> 10+ km

Data Center --> 50m & 300m

Data Center Reach Segregation

Intra-rack

Inter-rack

Horizontal runs

Vertical risers

Use this data to identify a single low-cost solution that would address a couple of the reach objectives

Other Areas

During the course of the CFI there were individuals who wanted Backplane Applications kept in for consideration, but I have not heard any further input in this area.  Are there still individuals who wish to propose Backplane as an objective?

John