Re: [HSSG] Reach Objectives

John,

I believe that the Data Center distances should be 100m and 300m.

Petar Pepeljugoski
IBM Research
P.O.Box 218 (mail)
1101 Kitchawan Road, Rte. 134 (shipping)
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

e-mail: petarp@us.ibm.com
phone: (914)-945-3761
fax:        (914)-945-4134

John DAmbrosia <jdambrosia@FORCE10NETWORKS.COM>

08/22/2006 12:37 AM
Please respond to
John DAmbrosia <jdambrosia@FORCE10NETWORKS.COM>

STDS-802-3-HSSG@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
[HSSG] Reach Objectives

All,
We have had some conversation on the reflector regarding reach objectives.  Summarizing what has been discussed on the reflector I see the following –

Reach Objectives
Long-Haul   --> 100+ km
Metro       --> 10+ km
Data Center --> 50m & 300m

Data Center Reach Segregation
Intra-rack
Inter-rack
Horizontal runs
Vertical risers

Use this data to identify a single low-cost solution that would address a couple of the reach objectives

Other Areas
During the course of the CFI there were individuals who wanted Backplane Applications kept in for consideration, but I have not heard any further input in this area.  Are there still individuals who wish to propose Backplane as an objective?

John