P802.3.1/D2.0 preliminary comment reports uploaded

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3.1 MIB Modules for Ethernet Task Force,
and the IEEE 802.3 Maintenance Task Force,

Although the initial working group ballot on P802.3.1/D2.0 remains
open for a few more hours, I believe that we have now received enough
ballot returns to be able to close the ballot at the new deadline.
I will share a preliminary tally after the deadline passes.

For now, I have uploaded preliminary comment reports with the
comments received thus far. 294 comments have been received from 15
individuals, and you can retrieve the reports from:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/be/public/comments/d2/

where you will find reports sorted both by clause and by comment ID.

Over the next few days, I will be working on proposed responses to
the comments in preparation for our upcoming meeting in Geneva.
The MIB Modules Task Force will meet beginning at 9:00 am on Monday,
May 24, and we will break at 1:00 pm on Monday to let the Maintenance
Task Force meeting Monday afternoon. Our meeting will resume at 9:00 am
on Tuesday, May 25. I believe that we will be able to work through all
of our comments in 1.5 days, since we had no trouble getting through
166 of them in half a day when we met in March.

I look forward to meeting with you in Geneva.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3.1 Task Force