From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:58 AM
To: STDS-802-3-MAINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_MAINT] Revising Clause 52 10GBASE-S for OM4

Matt-
All-

The 802.3 policy of long standing is (only) to use a national or local standard where an equivalent international standard is not available.  Thus to adhere to this convention (and to preserve the stand's flavor and standing as a world-wide standard/specification) the primary reference should be the IEC reference no
w that it is available.

If you feel that you have a legitimate reason to keep the TIA spec then I would suggest that you call it out in a footnote which can say that the TIA spec is equivalent to and been superseded by the IEC spec for international reference purposes.

Best regards,

Geoff Thompson