From: Jonathan King
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:09 AM
To: 'Anslow, Peter'; STDS-802-3-MAINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_MAINT] FW: IEEE 802.3 WG Maint - Revision - XLAUI/CAUI and Stat Eye Mask comments

As Pete pointed out, the telecom days are all Mondays (something to look forward to after the weekend !), the dates are 8th, 15th and 22nd August:

Dear IEEE maintenance folks !

As noted during the July plenary maintenance meeting, I intend to submit two comments on the 802.3 revision draft on these topics:

Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

Presentations covering each comment and the proposed remedies  were presented at the July meeting, and are available here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/maint/public/index.html

YOU ARE INVITED to comment and contribute on teleconference calls to be held on Monday 1st August, Monday 8th August, Monday 16th August, Monday 22nd August

TIMING: calls will run from 8 am to 10 am, Pacific Coast Time

8 am to 9 am for discussion of Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and

9 am to 10 am for discussion of XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

CALL DIAL IN NUMBERS, Monday 8th, 15th, 22nd

from USA: 866 654 5792

outside USA: +1 832 445 3154

Conference code: 4085425032

INTENTION: to review the comments and proposed remedies, and to arrive at a broad consensus for the specific proposals for text changes to 802.3.

I plan to submit comments and supporting materials together with a list of supporters by Aug 25th.

I'll send out meeting materials the day before each meeting.  I also anticipate that we'll use e-mail and the maintenance reflector to allow off-line review of drafts texts/slides.

Looking forward to working with you

If you have any questions or suggestions ahead of the calls, please feel free to call or e-mail me Thanks !

With best wishes

Jonathan King

Finisar Corp

1389 Moffet Park Drive