Re: [802.3_MAINT] FW: IEEE 802.3 WG Maint - Revision - XLAUI/CAUI and Stat Eye Mask comments

A reminder of Monday morning teleconference , agenda and details below. If you’d like a copy of Pete’s presentation, which was sent to the maintenance reflector on 4th February 2011, please send me an e-mail.

Thanks

Jonathan

·        8.00   roll call

·        8.05    recap of issue and proposed remedy

·         10GBASE S/L/E eye mask – Pete Anslow

·         Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) – Jonathan King

·        8.35   questions and discussion

·        8.55   closing remarks/actions

·        9.00   end

·        9.00   roll call

·        9.05  recap of issue and proposed remedy

  • Intent of clause 83B – Ali Ghiasi (if available)
  • XLAUI VMA spec isuue – Jonathan King
  • 9.30   questions and discussion
  • 9.55   closing remarks/actions
  • 10.00 end

Best wishes

Jonathan

Jonathan King

Finisar

1 408 368 3071

Jonathan.king@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear IEEE maintenance folks !

As noted during the July plenary maintenance meeting, I intend to submit two comments on the 802.3 revision draft on these topics:

Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

Presentations covering each comment and the proposed remedies  were presented at the July meeting, and are available here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/maint/public/index.html

YOU ARE INVITED to comment and contribute on teleconference calls to be held on Monday 1st August, Monday 8th August, Monday 16th August, Monday 22nd August

TIMING: calls will run from 8 am to 10 am, Pacific Coast Time

8 am to 9 am for discussion of Alternative optical Tx eye-mask for 10GBASE-R modules (Clause 52) and

9 am to 10 am for discussion of XLAUI/CAUI TP4 VMA specification issue (Clause 83B)

CALL DIAL IN NUMBERS, Monday 8th, 15th, 22nd

from USA: 866 654 5792

outside USA: +1 832 445 3154

Conference code: 4085425032

INTENTION: to review the comments and proposed remedies, and to arrive at a broad consensus for the specific proposals for text changes to 802.3.

I plan to submit comments and supporting materials together with a list of supporters by Aug 25th.

I'll send out meeting materials the day before each meeting.  I also anticipate that we'll use e-mail and the maintenance reflector to allow off-line review of drafts texts/slides.

Looking forward to working with you

If you have any questions or suggestions ahead of the calls, please feel free to call or e-mail me Thanks !

With best wishes

Jonathan King

Finisar Corp

1389 Moffet Park Drive