Re: [STDS-802-3-MAINT] [P802.3cq] comments with responses posted

Chad & all – There seems only one comment that is other than a simple accept, which is comment #3, where the comment editor asks for some additional information on the text/change.

Since Val, myself, and most people involved in the editing of 802.3cg will probably be tied up in the cg meeting, I’ll do my best to answer here.

Comment 3 from Valerie Maguire, is on the front matter description of Amendment 4 – 802.3cg.  The commented-on text is:

“Amendment 4—This amendment includes changes to IEEE Std 802.3-2018 and its amendments, and adds Clause 146 through Clause 148 and Annex 146A and Annex 146B. This amendment adds 10 Mb/s Physical Layer specifications and management parameters for operation on a single balanced pair copper cable.”

You ask where did this come from?  - it came from draft 3.0 of 802.3cg (P13 L24), which reads identically.

However, in response to a comment in initial SA ballot to be consistent with the (revised) PAR and scope, this was changed in draft 3.1 of 802.3cg (P12 L50) as proposed in the comment to you.

In draft 3.1 of 802.3cg it reads:

Amendment 4—This amendment includes changes to IEEE Std 802.3-2018 and its amendments, and adds Clause through Clause 148 and Annex 146A and Annex 146B. This amendment adds 10 Mb/s Physical Layer specifications and management parameters for operation on a single balanced pair of conductors.

So, the comment is really about keeping up with the changes in 802.3cg.  I have checked, and there are no comments modifying this text in 802.3cg d3p1, so the text can now be considered stable.

I urge ACCEPT, an you can then make the comment resolution a clean sweep.

-george