[8023-POEP] Project scope

All:

While I will admit to a certain prejudice as to the direction that the Study Group should head (which would be to make minimal adjustments to Clause 33 which I largely consider to be not broken); I would also say that there is not much in our charter that bounds the scope of the group.  Thanks to Geoff for pointing out the confidentiality notice; but now that it is no longer "confidential" and assuming that if presented at the Study Group meeting it bears no copyright notice I would rule that it would open for presentation.  I must admit that it does appear much further reaching that what I would consider the concensus of the group; however, I feel honor bound to open the floor at first.  I hope that to start we have a vibrant discussion of as broad as anyone wishes to go; we can then let the group decide where to head.

Please - all interested parties should prepare presentations on any power related topic that they feel relate to the 802.3 domain, no matter how remotely.  As stated earlier, I am inclined to be very liberal on what is in scope - until the groups hears some initial presentations and voices an informed opinion to limit the scope.  If you feel that the scope should be narrow - that would be a worthwhile presentation to make.  Don't assume that someone else will pick up the flag, plan to present.  (It looks good on the resume too . . .)

Finally, I am on a ski trip with my kids this week and really not in too much digital touch - $4.00 for every 30 minutes (I believe this cost discussion is allowed . . . ) I am not ignoring the group, just not paying much attention.

Mike