Re: [8023-POEP] Cabling and wire current capacities

Geoff:

While I balked at voting in hard objectives for the study group during the first meeting, the following objective had the unanimous consensus of those present at the time:

Objectives:
* The target infrastructure for PoEPlus will be ISO/IEC 11801-1995 Class D or higher systems.  Further we will not cause a safety issue for a legacy installation conformant to ISO/IEC 60950
* IEEE STD 802.3 will continue to comply to the limited power source and SELV requirements as defined in ISO/IEC 60950.

I am working on getting the minutes, the chair's slides and the objectives (there are more) into PDF and on the website.  I believe these represent the consensus of those that worked on the CFI, those present at the meeting and would expect that they will eventually become hard requirements during the next meeting.

Mike