Re: [8023-POEP] 802.3af Minimum Signature Voltage

Agreed - although if AC MPS load is capacitive, it will most likely need to be invisible during detection.

- Pete
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Joseph DeNicholas
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:44 PM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [8023-POEP] 802.3af Minimum Signature Voltage

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I assumed the AC MPS load is taken care of by the load capacitors, their AC impedance should be low enough to MPS.  But, yes, the MOSFET can also be used to force an invalid signature.
Thanks,
Joe DeNicholas

"Peter Johnson" <peter_johnson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx

03/16/2005 11:13 AM
Please respond to "IEEE 802.3 Power over Ethernet plus"