Re: [8023-POEP] [802.3] Interpretations received since March IEEE 802 Plenary meeting

As I recall, we discussed this at some length in the
af meetings. Doesn't seem to have helped, as the text
is still broken. I suspect this text came right from
the data portion of the standard, where isolating the
RJ45 from the PHY is feasible.

I'd recommend the PSE text be modified to resemble the
PD text - I can't think of any reason why we'd care
where the actual isolation barrier is, as long as
ground loops are prevented and humans can't touch the
line potential.

See you all in San Francisco -

Dave Dwelley
ddwelley@xxxxxxxxxx