Re: [8023-POEP] 2P v 4P and safety [Unscannable attachment] [Uns cannable attachment]

Shadi-

At 06:19 AM 6/8/2005 , Shadi Abu Ghazaleh wrote:
Subject: Re: [8023-POEP] 2P v 4P and safety [Unscannable attachment] [Unscannable attachment]
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Yair and Geoff -

My two cents worth.

Do we really have to account for every possible configuration, or can we just choose to SET the standard and requirements for running PoE plus and govern the use.  i.e. You could choose not to have your application worry about 2x2Pair installations!

As long as using 2X2 w/ PoE+ doesn't end up damaging equipment or worse.

Geoff is right,...

Thank you!

Geoff