IEEE 802.3au (IEEE P802.3-2005/Cor 1) D1.1 DTE Power Isolation Corrigendum Working Group 1st recirculation ballot results and comment report

Dear Colleagues,

The IEEE 802.3 working group 1st recirculation ballot of IEEE 802.3au
(IEEE P802.3-2005/Cor 1) D1.1 closed just over a day ago with the
following results:

Eligible balloters       213

Approve                   95  (97.9%)
Negative with comments     2
Abstention                17  (14.9%)
                         ===
Ballots returned         114  (53.5%)
                         ===

Approval rate = Approve / Approve + Negative with comments
              = 95 / ( 95 + 2 )
              = 97.9%  (> 75%)

Abstain rate  = Abstention / Ballots returned
              = 17/114
              = 14.9%  (< 30%)

Return rate   = Ballots returned / Eligible balloters
              = 114/213
              = 53.5%  (> 50%)

The draft has therefore met the requirements for return rate, approval
rate, and abstention rate.

We received a total of 10 comments on this draft. In addition, one
commenter sent rebuttals to the response to his negative comments to the
Task Force reflector. While these we not submitted as comments during the
recirculation, since these relate to unresolved negative comments, we may
wish to revisit the existing responses based on new information supplied.
A preliminary report containing each comment received, as well as the
outstanding unresolved negative comments, can be found at the following
  http://www.ieee802.org/3/au/comments/D1.1/802.3au_D1p1.pdf

As already announced the IEEE 802.3au (IEEE P802.3-2005/Cor 1) DTE Power
Isolation Corrigendum Task Force will be meeting today from 9:00AM to
12:30PM PST to perform comment resolution. The meeting notice can be found
at the URL:

  http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/san_diego_2_0206.html

Best regards,
  David Law

| David Law                               |
| Vice-Chair IEEE 802.3                   |
| 3Com                                    |
| Phone: +44 131 665 7264                 |
| Cell:  +44 7711 502 962                 |
| E-Mail: David_Law@xxxxxxxx              |