Re: [8023-POEP] DS vs. SS debate

Steve and all,

Dave Dwelley and I started to compose some text regarding the architecture and we planed to present it on last meeting however the meeting has ended prematurly..and we agreed to continue working on it over emails.

I hope during the next week or so we will have something that worse to discuss over the reflector.

Regarding SS vs DS; I still believe that this question is important but secondary in importance compared to architecture.

Once we agreed on architecture it will be clear what is the best next move (I hope..). (may be if each 2P is independently specified then you will have SS for each 2P which is effectively DS on all 4P etc.)

Meantime until the next meeting, we can summarize all inputs regarding SS vs DS for reference (which are the presentations shown last meeting + adding all new inputs received during the meeting) and start discuss it after we will be on agreement on the architecture.

Yair