Re: [8023-POEP] Solved another problem with DS

Steve and all,

The problem shown in this presentation can be easily solved by mandating detection and classification signature for every 2P in the PD.

Specifically separate signatures for each 2P and not a common one as measured at the RJ45.

See attached presentation in page 13 for the proposed scope of work.

This is the idea of how standard can be simplified.

Doing the above is not requiring any special specifications from the PSE.

The Endspan PSE will detect and classify pair A.

The Midspan PSE will detect and classify pair B.

Both channels will turned on within the current 802.3af timings or similar to it.

Since each channel A and B are not tied together at the diode bridge output, the PD can be operated easily by using the PD circuitry which is TBD (implementation independent).

Yair