Re: [8023-POEP] 2-Finger Ping Pong Presentation

Chad and all,
Please find below my comments to the presentation:

1. Page 2: what are the pros and cons for upper and lower voltage
trigger?
   Pro's:
   I guess that lower is better since it is faster due to the current
   source? Less power dissipation although not significantly matter?
   Con's:
   Lower is closer to detection range? Accuracy issues, leakage current
etc.

   Timings: Rational? Let's discuss it at the meeting.

2  Page 3:

   - Granularity between class 2 and 3 is bad. 7W is too high. We need
additional class in this gape.
   - No classes for future use which are well defined and ready to be
used.
     We wish to finish this standard in this round and not waist time
again on classification.
     We may need to cover the 30-45W range or so.

   - The use of 31 codes etc. may cause interoperability issues when
802.3af PSE detects 802.3at PD with power lower then 12.95W. In this
case higher power when needed will be allocated. You can fix it by
reversing the order of the code digits?

Yair