Re: [8023-POEP] Fun and interesting presentation for review on Wednesday :-)

Geoff and Hugh,

I agree with you about physical layer, but I believe that this
function can be included now in order to support Voice over IP
(VoIP), and Voice over Ethernet (VoE) in the future, to comply
with the emergency call service (112 in Europe and 911 in the
United States). It will be useful in some 802.3at applications.

Once defined by 802.3at, it can be used also in EFM: both are
Ethernet, and the MAC frames are not ITU dependent.

Jose Morales

On Mie Jul 12 17:44 , Hugh Barrass sent:

All,

Remember also that the physical layers used for EFM copper are based on
ITU g.991 and g.993 standards. These standards are evolving and ITU
Q4/15 have already extended the definition of EFM copper to cover all
ITU defined DSL PHYs.

If there is to be any change to the DSL physical layers it will come
through ITU Q4/15.

Hugh.