Re: [8023-POEP] 2 Event Classification state diagram

Hi Clay,

As I think has been mentioned before, since IEEE Std 802.3af-2003 has now
been superseded by IEEE Std 802.3-2005 [See
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/802.3.html ] and the IEEE P802.3at DTE
Power Enhancements Task Force is writing an amendment to IEEE Std
802.3-2005 by changing Clause 33, there will be no new Clause [See IEEE
P802.3at Objective 1], it is not the best idea to use terms such as atPD
and afPD.

I think this issue of nomenclature was last discussed at the November 2005
IEEE P802.3at meeting - the suggestion then was to use the terms Type 1 or
Type 2 [http://www.ieee802.org/3/at/public/nov05/minutes_1105.pdf ]. An
action item was also generated - this is maybe a good time to progress
this.

Regards,
  David