[8023-POEP] Classification Vmark timings

Title: Classification Vmark timings

Hi Thong,

In January interim you have suggested to change Vmark time duration from 2-4ms to 6ms min, 12 ms max.

The reason for your suggestion was that there is not enough time to the port voltage to get to steady state so we can identify it correctly in order to implement reliable two finger detector at the PD side.

After checking this issue more I came to the following conclusions:

1.      Yes, it will be better to increase this time to 6ms minimum 12ms max to allow reliable implementations.

2.      We need to add additional requirement that in any case the sum of all events including Vmark will not be higher then 75ms.

Darshan Yair
Chief R&D Engineer

Analog Mixed Signal Group

Microsemi Corporation