[8023-POEP] Additional material for discussion at the Vport ad hoc - Correction of Vport transien requirement motion

Title: Additional material for discussion at the Vport ad hoc - Correction of Vport transien requirement motion

Hi all,

I have found a problem which I already share its details with Fred regarding the motion we pass last time for defining the PSE voltage transient time that we allow without disconnecting the port for the positive and negative rail.

While the negative rail looks technically and standard wise justified, there is an error in the positive rail that we have to fix otherwise it contradict IEEE802.3af definitions.

Please see attached short presentation about the issue which I would like to discuss during the Vport ad hoc meeting.

Thanks

Yair

<<IEEE802.3at Ad Hoc - Modifying Vport Transient requirements.pdf>>

Darshan Yair
Chief R&D Engineer

Analog Mixed Signal Group

Microsemi Corporation

1 Hanagar St., P.O. Box 7220
Neve Ne'eman Industrial Zone
Hod Hasharon 45421, Israel
Tel:  +972-9-775-5100,

Cell: +972-54-4893019
Fax: +972-9-775-5111

E-mail: <mailto:ydarshan@microsemi.com>.

IEEE802.3at Ad Hoc - Modifying Vport Transient requirements.pdf