Re: [8023-POEP] Baseline Bucket ad hoc

Hi Stephen,

Yes we did. They met the Midspan requirements in clause 33 (802.3af).
In addition they met interoperability tests as well.

For the last years which the Midspans are in the Market we didn't
received (and some other vendors as well as far as I know) reports from
the field that data was infringed due to a presence of a Midspan in the
channel.
From a channel point of view the margins are big enough for 1MHz and up
for a 100BT operation.

For behavior below 1MHz, there is no 802.3 definitions for it or other
standard that I am aware of, however also in this low frequency band, we
didn't received any inputs of bad data due too the effects of BLW.
I guess the reason for it is a mix of very low probability to happen
with adequate design margins and modern compensation techniques.

We are trying now to define channel requirements for frequencies below
1MHz. It is not clear to me yet how much it is important and if really
we have issue that need to be addressed due to a very low probability
for data corruption however it is interesting from engineering point of
view to quantify these issues with numbers and then to decide what to do
with it.

Yair