Re: [8023-POEP] Changes to draft 2.0 - Updated

I agree with Anoop's proposals. They make sense to me.

From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Anoop Vetteth (avetteth)
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:26 AM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [8023-POEP] Changes to draft 2.0 - Updated

Colleagues,

Here are some changes to Draft 2.0 that I feel are absolutely necessary before we proceed to adopt it as an official WG draft.

1) Clause 33.8, Page 101, Line 12-14
The PSE is presently mandated to remove the power if the PD does not send the first LLDP frame after power-on within 1.25 seconds.
Proposal: Increase 1.25 seconds to
 5
minutes. The PSE has three options
- Do nothing and budget Max Power to PD
- Revert to AF power level
- Remove power
None of these should be mandated.

2) Clause 33.8, Page 101, Line 21
The PSE shall remove power if loss of communication persists beyond 2xTTL.
Proposal: Make the PSE behavior optional.
Proposed Text: Change "PSE shall remove power" to "PSE may optionally remove power"

3) Figure 33-27, Page 97
The only exit path from the state "LOSS OF COMMUNICATION" is to remove power.
Proposal: PSE may optionally remove power or wait in that state until communication is re-established

Thanks
Anoop