[8023-POEP] Problems with remedy regarding PSE type 2 behaviour when it reads bad classification

Hi guys,

I have found a problem with the remedy on the above subject.

We have 3 cases in which we agree last meeting to return to IDLE state.

Case 1:

If PSE type 2 reads class 4 in 1st finger and other reading in 2nd finger, it will return to IDLE state.

The rational was that we don’t want to encourage someone using different coding so we can reserve it for future use.

So far it makes sense.

Case 2:

If PSE Type 2 pass detection successfully and fails to complete classification, it will return to IDLE state.

Rational:

Classification in Type 2 PSE and PD is mandatory. If it is not working then probably one of the two parts PSE or PD is non compliant or defective.

Case 3:

If PSE detects Iclass_lim, it will return to IDLE.

The problem is in Case 3.

Rational:

a) If PSE type 2 connected to PD type 1, and PSE reads Iclass_lim then according to last week change, PSE will return to IDLE state.

b) But If PSE type 1 connected to PD type 1, and PSE reads Iclass_lim, PSE is assign Class 0 which mean the PD will be operated.

Which means that in (a), PD type 1 will not work ever never with PSE type 2 under Iclass_lim and may work with PSE type 1.

This is violates backwards compatibility and creates interoperability problems between PSE type 1 and PSE type 2 connected to PD type 1 exhibiting Iclass_lim.

The solution for this problem is:

In Case 3 (and maybe also in case 2) , The PSE type 2 shall assign Class 0 as well as Type 1 PSE, if it detects Iclass_lim.

What is your opinion on these guys?

Yair

Darshan Yair
Chief R&D Engineer